Call for Proposals: small grants programme for agri-businesses
Aug 11, 2020
UNDP Libya, together with FAO, conducted an agriculture value chain assessment in southern Libya to identify the existing capacity gaps and market opportunities. Based on this assessment, UNDP plans to launch a grant programme as a part of efforts to promote economic recovery of the conflict-affected regions, to enhance employment and to create income-generation opportunities for the local population and IDPs.
For this purpose, START project is seeking to engage an NGO/CSO as a responsible party that will manage the Grants Programme for agri-business start-up, renewal or expansion in the target areas.
OBJECTIVES AND EXPECTED OUTPUTS/ DELIVERABLES
The overall objective of this Call for Proposal is to select an NGO/CSO as a Responsible Party for establishing a mechanism and managing the process of allocation of small business grants for agri-business start-up, renewal or expansion, including existing agriculture associations in southern Libya.
Detailed objectives, related outputs, deliverables and key considerations are provided in the Terms of Reference – Annex I
The local population, particularly women, farmers, vulnerable population willing to start-up, renew or expand Micro, Small and Medium agribusiness in the target area.
ELIGIBILITY & QUALIFICATION CRITERIA
Interested NGOs/CSOs must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the selection:
- Entities registered in Libya for at least 2 years (non-governmental, public, charitable, non-profit);
- Experience in the management of grant programmes (at least two programmes with a total number of recipients over 50);
- Experience in project implementation or execution of contracts for the provision of professional services in the area of grant programmes management/ providing credit loans with a total budget of projects/contracts from USD 100,000.00;
- Experience in the provision of business development training;
- The legal status of the organization should enable it to receive a UNDP grant pool without incurring in tax liabilities.
NGOs/CSOs must have a team of at least three members satisfying the requirements that are provided in the Terms of Reference – Annex I.
Only one submission per organization is allowed. Organizations may not participate in more than one proposal. Once the application is complete and submitted, revised versions of proposal documents will not be accepted. Partial applications will not be accepted.
Interested NGOs/CSOs may obtain further information or clarification by contacting the UNDP office in Libya/Tunis through the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposals, with supporting documents, should be submitted by 14 September 2020, at 24:00.
Estimated Competition Timeline
For reference purposes only, please consider the following indicative timeline:
11 August 2020: Call for Proposal opens, and relevant documents are posted online.
14 September 2020: Deadline for organizations to submit proposals under this Call.
21 September 2020: Assessment and selection processes will take place.
28 September 2020: Selected applicants will be notified.