UNDP and the UN
The United Nations Support Mission in Libya (UNSMIL) operates at the political and strategic level while the UN Country in Libya supports programmatic and operational engagement in the country.
The UNCT is currently working to finalize a new four-year Strategic Framework aimed at identifying drivers of change capable of moving the country towards resilience.
UN agencies on the ground include UNDP, UNICEF, UNFPA, OCHA, WFP, UNHCR, UNESCO and non-resident agencies including UNHABITAT and FAO. They deliver technical and humanitarian assistance and provide capacity building support to Libyan institutions, civil society organizations and activists.
UN Entities in Libya
- UNICEF, UN Children's Fund
- UNFPA, UN Population Fund
- OCHA, UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- WFP, World Food Programme
- UNHCR, UN-High Commissioner for Refugees
- UNESCO, UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization