Support to the General National Congress (2013-14)
What is the project about
This project aims at developing the organizational and technical capacities of General National Congress to be able to discharge its constitutional mandate effectively. Support to the parliament makes use of international experiences and best practices to respond to needs in policies and procedures and provide technical advice and capacity development in support the growth and professionalization of GNC secretariat’s administrative and technical support functions.
What have we accomplished so far
The results so far:
- Draft organizational structure of GNC secretariat defining the functions of key departments;
- Draft Internal Regulations and provide substantive input and advice to Internal Regulations Committee;
- Providing policy and technical advice;
- Over 700 books and guides on parliamentary work procured as a seed for establishing a parliamentary library and research centre; and
- Initiation of Induction programme for newly elected members of the GNC.
As of mid-September 2012: